2 Ways How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Windows 10
In tech ki dunnya we learn you 2 Ways How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Windows 10.
You can uninstall Microsoft Edge from Windows 10, while if you do not like it. The procedure will based on how you come by the browser. There are two methods.
Method 1: Uninstall Microsoft Edge using Settings
If you are working how to uninstall it that you installed physically using the installer or builds available by the Beta by some Channels, you can remove it with Settings app.
To uninstall it, follow these steps.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Press on “Apps”.
- Press “Apps & Features”.
- Choose the “Microsoft Edge item”.
- Tap on the “Uninstall” button.
- Press the ‘Uninstall’ button again.
- Choose the “Also clear your browsing data” choice.
- Press the ‘Uninstall’ button.
When you complete the steps, which version of the browser you choose will be take off from your computer.
Method 2: Uninstall Microsoft Edge using Command Prompt
If the Microsoft Edge Uninstall option is not available in Settings, you have to need Command Promt to remove it.
To clear out the Chromium version of Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:
- Select Start.
- Look for Command Prompt, right click the upper result and choose the Run as administrator choice.
- Put the circle method to approach the Installer folder and click Enter: cd %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Microsoft\Edge\Application\8*\Installer
- Write the following command to pull out Microsoft Edge and click Enter: setup –uninstall –force-uninstall –system-level
After you collect the methods, Microsoft Edge will be passed out from the device, and the legacy version of the browser will be restore on Windows 10.
How to remove Microsoft Edge
There are such the following methods to remove Microsoft Edge;
Method 1: Use the Windows built-in uninstaller
- Click Windows Key.
- Write in Edge.
- Right click Microsoft Edge.
- Press the Uninstall option and confirm your choice.
- Hold for your PC to remove the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Now Reboot your PC.
Finally Microsoft Edge browser is removed from your PC.
Method 2:With the help of a dedicated software
To detour this problem, you should examine using a executive uninstaller, like Revo Uninstaller.
This tool will confirm that no trace of any program will ever be left behind one time you have decided to uninstall it.
thanks to in depth scanning power that it is allowing you to conduct a quick uninstalled, or longer and more with uninstalls, that will be deleted all related files as well.
First you have to download Revo software, Then here are the simple procedure to uninstall Edge:
- Open Revo Uninstaller and close all Edge tabs and windows.
- Choose Microsoft Edge in the category and press Uninstall.
- Verify restore point creation and start the procedure.
- Software Revo makes it able to also search for traces and unconsumed files as the last portion.
Remove Edge from Windows 10
There are 5 steps to remove Edge.
OPEN WINDOWS 10 IN SAFE MODE.
- For start Windows in Safe Mode, concurrently click the Win +R keys to open the run command box.
- Write msconfig and click Enter.
- Press the Boot button and then check the “Safe Boot” option.
- Press OK and restart your computer.
ALLOW HIDDEN FILES.
- Spread out Windows explorer.
- Press the View tab and go for Options and Change folder and search options.
- In Folder Options choose the View tab.
Assigned A New Name MICROSOFT EDGE FOLDERS.
Approach to the following location:
”C:\Users\%User name%\App Data\Local\Packages”
Assign a new name of the Microsoft. Microsoft Edge 8wekyb3d8bbwe folder to Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe.BAK.
Now approach to the following location:
Assign a new name the Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder to “Microsoft. MicrosoftEdge 8wekyb3d8bbwe.BAK”.
RESTART WINDOWS 10 NORMALLY.
- Follow step 1 and after written msconfig then at General tab, view the Normal startup.
- Then press OK and restart your PC.
CUT OUT MICROSOFT EDGE SHORTCUTS.
- After restart you will see the Edge shortcut in the taskbar is shown out blank. Right click in and choose Unpin from taskbar.
- Then right click in Microsoft Edge shortcut in Start screen and choose Unpin from Start.
Finally you have done the procedure.
How do you disable Microsoft Edge
Replace your default browser
- Enter Settings app to pressing on the gear icon in the Start menu. Continuously, you can enter the app by taping below the Windows and I keys on your keyboard.
- Tap on the Apps portion. There, dial to the Default Apps tab using the menu in the left side panel.
- Rotate down before you look the Web browser title. If Microsoft Edge is show here, you can change it by pressing on its icon and selecting a separate browser from the Choose an app factors menu.
- After selecting a separate browser, your computer will mechanically open links and several files using that browser and stop using Microsoft Edge for these object.
By using Power Shell disable Edge
PowerShell is a role in Windows 10 which grant you to run modern system commands. In thus, you are allowed to disable Microsoft Edge by effecting several lines of commands in the right order.
- Enter the Search option in your taskbar and write Power Shell. Right click in the app from the results and select ”Run as administrator”. Press Yes to able the app to launch.
- Enter in follow command, then tap the Enter key to perform it: (get-appxpackage *edge*)
3. Search the option name as PackageFullName, and copy it as shown on the screen upward.
4. Then, type in ”remove-appxpackage” now paste the text you copied. The code should shown like the example shown up. Click the Enter key to perform the command.
5. PowerShell will move out the procedure and remove Ms Edge from your computer.
However, You Find Some One Else: