Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call, no matter what device they use Skype on. Chat with the new Bing in Skype, and get AI-powered answers, recommendations, and inspiration. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs, and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 49 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions, or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Bing in Skype – Chat with the new Bing in your individual and group chats to get AI-powered answers, right within the context of your conversations. Ask for recommendations to help make plans together and get inspired and have fun by asking Bing for ideas.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, GIFs, stickers, images from your device or web.
• SMS – Use Skype to send SMS messages to mobiles worldwide.
Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Microsoft Account required. Bing in Skype is available via the Bing preview waitlist. To learn more and sign-up visit: www.bing.com/new
• Privacy and Cookies policy: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
• EU Contract Summary: go.skype.com/eu.contract.summary
All permissions are optional and require consent (you can continue using Skype without granting these permissions, but certain features may not be available).
• Contacts – Skype can sync and upload your device contacts to Microsoft’s servers so that you can easily find and connect with your contacts that already use Skype.
• Microphone – The microphone is needed for people to hear you during audio or video calls or for you to record audio messages.
• Camera – The camera is needed for people to see you during video calls, or for you to be able to take photos or videos whilst you’re using Skype.
• Location – You can share your location with other users or use your location to help find relevant places near you.
• External Storage – Storage is needed to be able to store photos or to share your photos with others you may chat with.
• Notifications – Notifications allow users to know when messages or calls are received even when Skype is not actively used.
• Read Phone state – Access to phone state allows you to place a call on hold when a regular phone call is in progress.
• System Alert Window – This setting allows Skype screensharing, which requires access to all information on the screen or played on the device whilst you record or broadcast content.